The Account Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the accounts and customer relationships for assigned refining customer and business activities to meet sales, market share and profitability targets. This position will have accountability for all commercial and technical service activities related to the assigned FCC Catalysts account.
- Implements key strategic activities aimed at appropriately positioning and accelerating the commercialization refining catalysts to the assigned marketplace.
- Identification of new business opportunities and the enhancement of existing customer relationships, market share and profitability.
- Conducts appropriate collection, analysis and interpretation of data and information as it relates to competitive analysis, market intelligence, trends and benchmarking activities.
- Implements strategies relative to product positioning and pricing to maximize market penetration.
- Conduct activities to provide key sales forecasting, analysis, pricing and other business terms and account management.
- Demonstrate leadership in promoting products, technology, innovation and goodwill within the region.
- Evaluates requests for proposal, prepares, responds and presents company commercial packages to develop and improve new and existing customer relationships.
- Works with refining technical and operational team to advise and assist with technical troubleshooting, offering consultation and implementing modeling scenarios and capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key customer personnel, as well as key external stakeholders to enhance commercial effectiveness and results and manages all relationships between the regional refineries and company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or Materials Science.
- 10+ years of refining experience and/or refining licensor background with at least 3+ years of FCC process experience required.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the oil refining industry with solid understanding of refining processes is required.
- Previous sales/marketing experience with global exposure to the refining industry and customer relationships is highly desired.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time both domestically and internationally.
- Location of position: Houston is preferred, but open to remote location as well.