This position is with a specialty chemical plant which employs 500+ individuals. This position is part of their Capital Improvement Project Management team.
- Manages and leads capital projects for the plant.
- Works with plants/leadership to develop capital plan for plant.
- Works with the plant team to utilize the project execution work process consistently.
- Works with the corporate procurement group to get best price, quality, & timing on capital purchases.
- Leads front-end development and planning on capital projects.
- Develops good monthly forecasting techniques to consistently spend capital based on plans.
- Works with project teams to develop good cost estimates for capital projects.
- Experience in chemical manufacturing or refining environments
- Experience in project management and forecasting
- Effective Communications Skills (verbally, written, presentation).
- Collaborates effectively with plant engineering, maintenance, and leadership.
- Able to rapidly acquire knowledge of the site(s) including chemical processes and physical layout.
- Should have 10+ years of project management experience.
- Must have 15+ years of experience in engineering and related fields.
BS degree in Engineering