Looking for a highly motivated, General Manager for an Advanced Materials Production Facility in Spartanburg, South Carolina
- Manage operation of the facility’s manufacturing and operations functions.
- Manage and develop a strong and effective team.
- Work closely with executive management team to grow the Revenue at the Spartanburg facility.
- Identify potential necessary changes in present manufacturing strategies.
- Establish and maintain the Spartanburg Quality system and ISO certification.
- Ensure that, as the company grows, manufacturing capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for cost, quality, delivery and responsiveness.
- Manage all capital requirements in facilities and ensure equipment and tooling meets the required safety, quality, and productivity requirements.
- ?Works closely with Sales to ensure the introduction & implementation of new products that are timely and meet or exceed customer’s expectations.
Strong verbal and written communications skills, drive, energy level, and problem-solving abilities are critical.
Ability to develop new procedures and new processes for problems.
Ability to continuously improve production, quality and customer satisfaction over time.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with ability to manage lean team effectively.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Material Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience in these fields.
- MBA a plus.
- 15+ years professional management experience in Advanced Material or Specialty Chemical industries.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement inorganic powder production technologies: precipitation, calcination, drying, milling, etc.
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing and Six Sigma techniques is highly desired.
- Experience interacting with non-manufacturing areas: Sales, Marketing, Engineering, R&D, HR, and Finance.
- Knowledge of Alumina and/or rare earth chemistry a plus.
- Knowledge of hetergeneous catalysis and/or battery / energy storage technologies a plus.