Microbiologist - Lab Technician – near Charleston, SC
Leading producer of specialty grade phosphate products used in the Pharmaceutical and Industrial markets is seeking a Microbiology Lab Technician. This company takes pride in producing quality products for the industries they support. They are seeking an individual with high integrity and very detail oriented.
What the company offers:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance options.
- 401K with a match of dollar to dollar of first 4%.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
Primary Purpose/Objectives of the Job:To perform microbiological analysis on products using approved laboratory Standard Operating Procedures in an accurate and timely manner.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Sets up, adjusts and operates laboratory equipment and instruments such as microscopes, chemical balance scales, autoclave, incubators, and other equipment.
- Tests materials used in the nutraceutical and food industries for contamination with bacteria. Tests materials for presence and content of salmonella species, e. Coli, staph aureus, listeria monocytogenes, total aerobic plate count, anaerobic plate count, various yeasts and molds and other similar tests.
- Records test results and other data in log books.
- Enter data.
- Cleans and sterilizes laboratory equipment.
- Makes media and pours plates used for testing.
- Reviews samples received, logs the information into log books and enters information into computer database
- Files paperwork
- Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines
- Uses equipment and materials properly
- Follows all environmental, health and safety protocols.
Required Education, Skills, Knowledge and Experiences: (essential to the position)
- Provides support for all safety and environmental initiatives.
- Proactively attempts to prevent all accidents and eliminate all unsafe conditions.
- Demonstrates management’s commitment to safety.
- Education level: minimum/preferred: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred areas of study: Microbiology or related field
- Similar or related experience desired: 0-2 years’ experience in the field or related area. Previous lab experience preferred
- Essential skills/knowledge: Must have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field, proficient in Microsoft Office applications, attention to detail, organizational skills