The Natural Gas Account Manager is responsible for managing a key territory for energy business within the United States. The candidate will be interested in a long term career in professional sales. Ideally, the candidate will bring a professional sales background in order to maintain a territory with significant emphasis on new business development. The role consists of regular travel to visit customers largely in the West Texas area, with some additional travel for meetings in Houston and Dallas, as well as occasional travel elsewhere. The technical line of products sold requires an ability to understand natural gas treating processes, as well as sales.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage key customer relationships in line with certain values and a strategic vision.
- Meet or exceed annual sales and margin objectives.
- Develop and utilize internal and external resources.
- Sell superior product line to potential customers through routine customer visits, joint calls, and participation in industry events.
- Assist with customer troubleshooting and optimization opportunities.
- Possess a high degree of organization, planning, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ensure proven presentation and written communication skills.
- Adapt to a complex, rapidly changing environment.
- Manage tight timelines and deal with after hour emergencies.
- Qualify key decision makers and their needs.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements.
- Building and maintaining customer relationships with key decision makers/influencers to obtain repeat and new sales.
- Cold calling potential customers.
- Weekly reporting and scheduling.
- Development and implementation of a growth driven business strategic plan based on a strong understanding of industry trends and customer needs.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma preferably in chemistry, engineering, science, or business would be an asset.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in an outside business development & technical sales role selling to the refinery industry.
- Proven ability to drive new sales; prospecting, qualifying customer’s needs and expectations, delivering presentations, qualifying concerns, and closing.
- Proven ability in achieving sales targets and KPI’s.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain business relationships with prospective customers to generate new business.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time, including overnight travel.
- Proven computer skills and comfortable working with Excel.
- Valid driver’s license.