This Principal Process Engineer will be the lead engineer of engineering projects. Must have strong process engineering and control system engineering skills with a chemical company. Will conceptualize the initial design specifications throughout each project. Responsible for user or customer requirements, project costs and resources. Will work in collaboration with the Engineering Manager who reports to the Executive VP of Operations for this chemical company. Facility is comprised of three separate manufacturing areas: Chlorination, Phosphites and Alkyl Phenol/9228 Finishing. MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN or PERM RESIDENT AND LIVING IN THE U.S.
- The Principal Process Engineer leads and/or provides engineering direction on capital projects costing up to $500,000 and routinely interfaces with other Engineers senior Technical and R&D leaders in trouble-shooting existing process issues, new processes and conceptual design which may reach capital expenditures of $1MM to $10MM.
- Will provide engineering support to Operations and R&D by evaluating new process equipment, process design and modifications for new products and processes, optimize product output and provide technical support and knowledge to improve the quality of existing products.
- Will provide assistance and direction for design process automation systems and implementation.
- Position addresses problems that require conventional engineering practice, difficult engineering requirements and unusual chemistries. .
- Manages/leads/provides engineering direction on capital projects costing up to $500,000.
- Involves working with other departments within the organization - routinely interfaces with senior Technical and R&D department leaders in idea generation, trouble-shooting, new processes and conceptual design which may reach capital expenditures of $1 MM to $10MM. Most frequent contacts include the senior management and staff members of Engineering, Operations and R&D. Contact will also include Maintenance, EH&S and on occasion the President. Regularly interact with outside vendors and contractors. Collaboratively interacts with EVP-Operations, Engineering Peers, Operations Manager, Engineering Manager , Corporate Director EH&S and Regulatory Compliance, R&D, Technology and Union production employees regarding project implementations and design issues.
MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN OR PERM RESIDENT AND LIVING IN THE U.S.
- B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering. Master’s degree in an engineering discipline or engineering management is a plus, Professional Engineer license (PE) through the National Society of Professional Engineers is a plus.
- 12-15 years of progressive experience in the Chemical or related industry and strong process control experience.
- The application of intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience with process automation techniques design and practice.
- 2-5 years of experience in the development and implementation of process control solutions to control and optimize chemical processes in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Experience with Federal / State EPA and OSHA compliance requirements.
- Computer skills a must with knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint.
- Experience with Process Modeling Software (i.e. ChemCad, ASPEN, HYSIS).