WHY YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED
Our client is a leader in their field and in this role you will work for absolute top notch leader, the VP of Engineering and Technology. You will have an opportunity to stay involved with technical projects while honing your management skills. You will have an opportunity to work with Plant Managers, General Managers and many others to implement new equipment and systems across the company's sites. Multi-billion dollar company with room to grow. WHAT WILL YOU DO
WHAT IT TAKES
- Directly manage and mentor a team of 6 or 7 Process / Technical Engineers at corporate and at the plant level.
- You will manage a slate of projects to implement new systems/processes, will lead the process engineering team to excellence, will drive a mindset of continuous improvement and work with management to ensure timely execution of initiatives.
- You will also participate in creating and managing annual budgets and project budgets.
- Coordinate with Plant Operations Managers to outline Process Engineer responsibilities, annual goals, and progress tracking over the year
- Align resources responsibilities to achieve business needs in Engineering and Operations
- Prioritize focus for design change or technology trials based on business needs
- Lead Process Engineering team through development and implementation of alternatives for processes and equipment for improvement of existing processes and development of new processes
- You will interface with Engineering and Operations during and after implementation of new technology, follows up with Operations to measure success and solve problems that may have developed.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Chemical Engineering or related is highly preferred)
- Must have 6+ years of full-time work experience as a Process Engineer and/or Process Supervisor is required.
- Must have 1+ year of direct Management / Supervisory experience including performance reviews, mentoring, etc.
- This job requires at least 40% travel.
- Looking for someone who is open to and has experience working hands-on with equipment and systems.
- Experience with continuous improvement training and/or certifications (i.e. Six Sigma, Lean, SPC, etc) would be great.
- Seeking someone who is professional, well spoken, has strong communication skills, is hard working, can look at the big picture and is a Leader.
To be considered for employment you must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer and you will not require employment visa sponsorship now or in the future.