Account Manager - Chemicals - Distribution - Chicago
Our client, a leading global distributor of commodity and specialty chemicals is seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial individual for a Sales Account Manager.
The successful candidate would be local to the Chicago area with 3-10 years outside sales experience with a proven track record in the industrial, manufacturing or chemical industry. The client requires a polished and professional sales person that is very self-directed and has grown a territory by selling value, not price and developing long-term relationships with the customer.
This individual contributor role will work from a home office and cover a territory within a radius of 100 -150 miles. There is very little overnight travel required.
Competitive base salary + excellent bonus/commission potential. Exceptional benefit package + growth opportunities!
- BS/BA, Science degree a plus but not required.
- 3- 10 years of successful territory management and sales experience with a background calling into manufacturing.
- Proven track record of managing and growing a territory - skilled at cold/warm calling and new business development.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen and speak with others to convey information effectively.
- Must possess the ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Strong critical thinking ability – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must be polished, professional, career oriented - NO JOB HOPPERS!