Our client is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. They innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. The company combines 50 years of technology heritage to bring a comprehensive product portfolio, expertise in material design, and extensive process engineering solutions to their customers. As the partner of choice for advanced materials development, they deliver optimal material solutions to address customers’ most challenging demands for new high-performance materials to improve durability and production, while offering weight savings for the end application.
The company’s GBU is seeking a Thermoplastic Composite Development Manager to lead its team. The incumbent will be responsible for interacting with customers and leading execution of development projects related to engineering thermoplastic based composite materials.
• Lead the development and execution of the thermoplastic composite technology strategy, including the development of impregnation processes and characterization of prepreg materials
• Management of lab based thermoplastic composite prepreg manufacturing capabilities
• Management of resource allocation and team staffing
• Facilitate the development and professional growth of teammates
• Interaction with global and regional business teams to align priorities and enable new business development
• Work with Sales/Marketing, manufacturing, customers, and suppliers to commercialize new product forms.
• Assist in the review and monitoring of patent/scientific literature relevant to the industry
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering with a minimum 10 years of experience working in Composites OR a PhD with minimum 5 years of experience working in Composites
• Must be willing and able to travel up to 30%.
• Experience working with thermoset and/or thermoplastic composites
• Experience with Specialty polymers engineering (Polyaryletherketones and Aromatic Polyamides)
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Understanding of polymer thermal and mechanical analytical techniques (DSC, Rheology, DMA, TGA)
• Understanding of polymer chemistry and physics
• Strong technical and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills